Can we please have master release for all various issues? It's getting really messy with all various editions of the same comic under series.

yes +++++++++++100000000000
we need it

Master releases is necessary, otherwise it will be impossible to work on this website.

There are only 34 original releases by Hergés Tintin. In Comicog's list of Tintin Comics, there are today (13 July 2019) 305 editions, and there is no way to sort them. Here we have to work with Master Releases just like in Discogs or with original and edition just like in Filmogs.

Botros wrote:

There are only 34 original releases by Hergés Tintin. In Comicog's list of Tintin Comics, there are today (13 July 2019) 305 editions, and there is no way to sort them. Here we have to work with Master Releases just like in Discogs or with original and edition just like in Filmogs.

Yeah man, that's problem with all popular releases, just look at Asterix. I guess we'll just have to wait.
It's just strange to me that Bookogs got way better maintenance, I thought comics were as popular, maybe more, well, silly ignorant me, hah.

Staff input please.
The field "Contains / Comics" does not do it. Some comics have so many different editions over the years, it is impossible to chose one as the Master.
We need the same feature as "Work" on Bookogs.

We hope someone in charge responds and acts soon. I have a large collection of comics, but I can't start recording it on Comicogs until these problems are resolved.

we users are pretty much left on our own devices on this website... i can't understand why they can't just do the same features here as on bookogs...
why does it take months and years to get a feedback?

tam89rds wrote:

we users are pretty much left on our own devices on this website... i can't understand why they can't just do the same features here as on bookogs...
why does it take months and years to get a feedback?

Yeah, I'm getting more and more put off by this, how are you supposed to let this site grow when there's no real feedback... Like I can't input proper info when adding comics, because many roles like "proofreader" or "technical editor" are missing, at the same time those are available in Bookogs... I don't feel like I'm gonna be here for long if it keeps looking like this.

Sorry for the absense here. Because of the differences between how books are catalogued on Bookogs and comics are catalogued here it's not quite as easy as simply replicating for this site. We appreciate the feedback, but we don't have any plans to add a master release on Comicogs at this time.

Bummer. A major missing feature... Comicogs should have been designed like Bookogs.
Did you notice a major flaw: there is a field "contains comic" in the form for adding a new comic.
this field should be for the equivalent of "work". As we do not have key releases here, if we add a title that is not yet in the db, it creates a sub with errors. if we want to add a comic that is already in the db, but has, like, 10 different editions we do not know which one to chose. plus it does not show on the page of the chosen one, that it is contained in another edition.
This is chaos.

If Comicogs does not introduce a sensible system then it is a waste of my time to try to put my collection on the website.

Sorry it's not better news. I've gone into a bit more detail on the decision behind this in the Comicogs Update forum thread

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.