1st/2nd/etc Printing

cellularsmoke
1 years ago
A number of coming will get multiple printings in their early/initial run, is it possible to implement something like that here, perhaps modeled off of a discogs style MR?
NessFan
Staff
1 years ago
I think that would be a great addition to Comicogs! I'll be sure to record your feedback for the development team.

I wonder, though -- for Comicogs specifically, would we need our version of a MR to be uniquely different in some way?
cellularsmoke
1 years ago
I would imagine it would have to be much more specific, it has to be the exact same comic, unlike Discogs which is any reissue of a Release; this wouldn't be reprints, or the most common 1$ First Issues republished a year or more later that is common from Marvel and DC.
angry-mom-records
1 years ago
Here's a prime example and a frustrating one. Was happy to see something from my collection I wouldn't have to enter, but this listing is for the 13th printing not the 1st
https://www.comicogs.com/comic/32764-The-Complete-Calvin-And-Hobbes
Would again be nice to be able to copy to draft instead of creating a whole new entry.
VinylKnights
7 months ago
I am used to listing on Discogs and this would be a case of if I listed for sale, violating the rules:
I want to sell this comic:
https://www.comicogs.com/comic/32286-The-Avengers
but my copy has no ISBN box, so I guess mine is an earlier edition? For now I'm listing for sale, without adding to the database, is OK?
Ambassador_M
7 months ago
"Would again be nice to be able to copy to draft instead of creating a whole new entry."

That option exists. When you're on a comic's page, click the down-pointing arrow next to the "Edit this page"-button. It opens a small menu with the option "Add one like this", which is pretty much the same as discogs' "Copy to draft".

So if you're adding (or selling) a comic that's a different version of a comic that's already in the database, that should be very useful.
VinylKnights
7 months ago
Ok I'll try that thanks
Ambassador_M
1 weeks ago
An impression number (for first pressing/impression, third pressing/impression etc.) would be a good add to the identifying codes field. Or is there already a field to add the impression number to and I've just missed it? So far I've added that info to the notes field.
Topobot
1 weeks ago
Yes a Discogs styled printing list would be excellent, especially if it allows people to put ALL the printings from multiple publishers as part of one entry. Akira is a good example as the license was transferred to Kodansha from Dark Horse later on and there is a slight difference quality wise between those volumes.