A place to submit and track feature requests and site functionality for the community and end users.

*Submitted request to add more than 1 unit of a listing to my "collection"

*Submitted request for Seller Listing information to auto-populate from centralised seller settings (relieving the need to fill description and postal options for every seller listing for example)

*Submitted request for features and functionality that allow collectors to "swap" issues and items

*Submitted request to show "Issue Number" in the Marketplace

I love that someone's finally made a site like this, but seeing that every comic has it's own entry makes it difficult to find things. So here's my idea:
We have a descending organization like this:
1- Comic Title
leads to
2-List Of Volumes
leads to
3-List of Issues (for each volume)
and the issues would lead to the normal page thingys.
ALSO:
One-offs would just have normal links as they do now.

This seems very reasonable

Master edition please. Like on discogs, we need a central spot with "All Versions of this Release", were we can find editions form different publishers, hardback, paparback, deluxe etc.

• forum post types, like 'bug', 'feature request' (to focus discussion on specific features, rather than have lots of ideas on this page making it hard to respond to each individual idea)

• a more detailed list view (since the current one is the same as the grid view but with a smaller image and a lot of wasted white space). Perhaps include Volume # of Series, Publisher, Country, Format and Date?

• Sort lists by Series and Volume numerically before Title alphabetically, so items are grouped more logically (for instance https://www.comicogs.com/series/30735-2000-A-D-Weekly - should this not be sorted by Issue #?), or if you have a number of items from the same series they should be grouped together in lists.

• Some way of filtering by language, pull-down or list sorting or sub-headings.

Support for entering digital comics (the downloadable kind, not those that can only be read in the browser or the publishers app).

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback. I've made a note of each of your suggestions and we'll take them into consideration going forward as we continue to make improvements to the site.
Bookogs has a page in the wiki dedicated to User Requested Features (https://www.bookogs.com/wiki/User-Requested-Features). Would something like also be of use on Comicogs?

Like on Discogs I'd like a condition, notes, and folder option. I'd like to able to use notes if comics are signed and categorise comics into my own defined categories.

This would be much more useful once the Master Release feature gets added, but having a Format notation to distinguish between 'direct sales' and 'news-stand' copies of a comic seems like something that should eventually be added.

how about the ability to edit credit names, so that we can remove duplicates and fix errors?

Also, the search is not fit for purpose.

If i put:

Transformers 31

into the search box, i should get issue 31 of the transformers comic within the first few returns. to not get it on a whole page is simply nonsense. i know its there, but i don't know the name of the story.

added to the fact that comics are listed alphabetically by story rather than by issue number, it's really very difficult to find stuff. going through hundreds of entries manually is is the sort of thing that will kill this site if it isn't fixed - people need to be able to find stuff in order to update records, check them against their own copies etc. after all, if the site becomes impossible to use once you've got more than a few pages of comics, what's the point?

A feature that would be helpful, I think, is where if I'm adding a submission, it asks me if I would like to add it to my collection. Often when I'm entering in batches, I forget to add a few here and there to my collection. It seems reasonable to ask this at the entry form, since you're supposed to have it in hand to create a new entry.

It would be great to be able to offer more than one shipping price to the same country (for example, not registered and registered mail).

In general, I think it would be great to do the same than Discogs: offer different shipping methods and calculate by weight. And size if necessary.

Just started here, but Aliases and ANVs for creators would be useful. Just about to submit a comic with Christopher Claremont credited as the writer - he's almost always credited as Chris. And I just added a collected edition with a credit for Werner Roth (as Jay Gavin) - I credited it as Jay Gavin, but it would be useful to add that as an alias for Werner Roth.

Ah, scratch the bit about Chris, I figured out how to do variations. But what about full aliases like Werner Roth/Jay Gavin?

thanks for the suggestions everyone. We make note of these, all go under consideration.

@donnacha: Good that you figured out the anv setup. We currently do not have support for aliases the way Discogs does, but maybe that is something to consider. For now I think maybe just creating a different credit and mentioning it on the profile/notes page of that credit will have to do.

Done. Another thought, some kind of hierarchy of publishers would be good. I'm adding old Marvel collections and some are published by Marvel Comics, some by Marvel Comics Group and some by Marvel Comics Entertainment. A more recent one I'm just about to add is published by Marvel Worldwide, Inc.

It speaks to the changes in ownership and structure of the company in their history, but currently they're listed as separate publishers.

What is the process to correct mistakes? For example, poor Bill Sienkiewicz https://www.comicogs.com/credit/7169-bill-sienkiewicz has been entered as Bill Siekiewicz https://www.comicogs.com/credit/47504-bill-siekiewicz and Bill Sienkewicz https://www.comicogs.com/credit/69637-bill-sienkewicz .

Just update the incorrect ones? I did that with a typo on the Marvel Masterworks series, but the empty typo page still exists https://www.comicogs.com/series/26702-marvel-masterwoks

We critically need to sort tables of series and search results according to Vol. or Issue, so the it is shown from 1 to X (or whatever is the smallest number).

I have problems at the moment to find books because the tables start with the title (which sometimes is not known to me) and are from A to Z.

I'd like to be able to sort my collection according to many of the recorded fields and also by time added please

I'd like to be able to display my contributions in time order

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we have made a note of these ideas. Will take them into account when prioritising features for the near future.

Can we enter collected issues by supplying the entry id, ie the number in the URL, instead or as well as by name? The thumbnails are really difficult to disambiguate sometimes and if we have the issues open in another tab then the URLs are available.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.